Solo travellers Europe river cruise offer
TRAVELLING alone has just become more attractive thanks to Riviera Travel which is offering no-supplement for single cabin bookings on eight of its 2019 European river cruises.
The company is experiencing a surge in solo traveller demand prompting it to add another three cruises to its already existing five-cruise solo travel program.
The 2019 cruises still open for bookings are:
- Seven-night cruise from Cologne along the Rhine River in Germany from October 21.
- Seven-night cruise from Budapest on the Danube River from November 4.
- Seven-night cruise from Porto along the Douro River in Portugal from November 8.
- Two seven-night cruises from Budapest on the Danube River from April 1 and from October 28.
- Seven-night cruise on the Rhone and Saone Rivers from Lyon to Avignon in France from October 31.
Riviera Travel's international sales manager Thomas Morgan said the solo cruises address a gap in the market for people who wish to enjoy a river cruise but are travelling on their own or simply prefer to have a cabin to themselves.
"We know solo travellers enjoy our river cruises and to meet growing demand, we have upped the number of cruise itineraries exclusively for solo travellers to seven in 2019," Mr Morgan said.
"Our five-star ships provide the perfect base and our itineraries offer opportunities to share wonderful experiences with like-minded travellers. The cruises have been planned for spring and autumn, 2019, when the destinations visited will be more relaxed, so customers don't have to jostle with the summer crowds They can choose any cabin or suite on each ship and there will be no additional single supplement to pay whatsoever."
Fares start at $A2769 and are subject to availability. They include daily guided excursions, onboard meals and wi-fi.
For more information on Riviera Travel's river cruises, go to www.rivieratravel.com.au.