Bill saver new appliance rebate has started in QLD
THE Queensland Government's electricity rebate program which will help households reduce their power bills started yesterday.
The $300 rebate is applicable to new 4-star or higher energy rated household appliances purchased on or after January 1, 2018.
The government has committed $20 million under its Affordable Energy Plan to this program for rebates on approved energy efficient appliances.
- $200 for a 4-star energy rated washing machine.
- $250 for a 4-star energy rated refrigerator.
- $300 for a 4-star energy rated air conditioner.
The rebate is limited to one application by each household.
The government states customers will be able to save up to $50 a year by using "an energy efficient refrigerator or washing machine".
For anyone purchasing a PeakSmart air conditioner, they can apply for additional benefits, subject to eligibility criteria, through -
- Energex's Positive Payback Program (for south-east Queensland customers)
- Ergon Energy's PeakSmart Program (for regional Queensland customers).
Choosing your appliance
When determining the best appliance for your needs, you should take note of the following rebate eligibility information which will be taken in account at the time of the application. The appliance must -
- Have a minimum 4-star energy rating
- Be new and purchased on or after January 1, 2018 - a copy of the tax receipt must be provided showing you have paid in full.
- Be for the purposes of domestic/residential use in a Queensland residence.
- For air conditioners, the 4-star energy rating relates to cooling. Free-standing, portable air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify for the rebate.
To apply for a rebate or find out more about the offer, go to www.dews.qld.gov.au/electricity/rebates.